Wednesday, June 22, 2011

FUNGUS VAMPIRE

FUNGUS VAMPIRE
"Out of the fungous-ridden earth steamed up a vaporous corpse-light, yellow and diseased, which bubbled and lapped to a gigantic height in vague outlines half human and half monstrous, through which I could see the chimney and fireplace beyond. It was all eyes - wolfish and mocking - and the rugose insect-like head dissolved at the top to a thin stream of mist which curled putridly about and finally vanished up the chimney."
H.P. Lovecraft, The Shunned House


4 comments:

  1. I really dig the way you did the little growths on the bottom of this one. Its exactly how I saw it in my minds eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repeat from June 29 of last year -- do we have an ill artist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anton-Thanks so much man!

    Wyrm-actually, I redrew this one completely because I wasn't happy with the way the first attempt came out. I'll be posting before and afters on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It required pouring acid on its ELBOW to get rid of this -thing- from the house so it could be inhabited. It was particularly deadly to newborn babies.

    ReplyDelete