Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sketches 2

Here's a very rough sketch for the my "lazy" Cthulhu. I basically used this to get the position and basic anatomy of the creature down before I start the final produce. Much of the detail comes after I've already begun the final piece.
And here's a really funny sketch of Chaugnar Faugn. He looks very surprised in the sketch and much more refined in the final piece. And by refined, I mean like he could be holding a martini glass.

Ok, I'll see if I can dig up some more of these because I may not be able to finish the 2 Great Old Ones I'm working on for next week. The piece for the Dead and Dreaming show is taking way longer than I thought but looks really cool.

3 comments:

  1. It would be pretty awesome if he were, in fact, holding a martini glass. But I really like both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is incredible ... stick a toilet under him and I'd buy a print

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaugnar Faugn is not easy to design! I lkie the face and the skinny arms. :)

    ReplyDelete