Monday, April 28, 2014

THE THING FROM THE DOLMEN (NYARLATHOTEP)

THE THING FROM THE DOLMEN (NYARLATHOTEP)
"The cold pop and crack that trees do when icicles hang from your nose, I thought that's what made the noise. Wrong, very wrong. Stars and trees glowed the same color and the milky vapor of my breath hung before me as I twisted to see what…A shape emerged from the dolmen I’d departed, bearded slick stones reflecting the black deep, and deeper black wrapped a cavity of wormy softness. The figure came onward, hitching and dipping at disjointed angles, an unsleeved mass undulating and cohering into the towering semblance of a stick man screaming soundlessly 
through a mouth of rotted birchwood."
Laird Barron, Untitled
Written Exclusively For an Illustro Obscurum Collaboration


2 comments: