Thursday, March 19, 2015

EYELESS COLOSSUS


EYELESS COLOSSUS
"I disliked the vast footprints which led between the leering figures, and still more disliked the disturbingly gnawed bones of huge animals which were strewn across the plain, for I felt that I knew the cause of these horrors, and knew the abnormality of the colossi, if only I could  place it. Then came those clumping footsteps behind em, startlingly close; and as I turned and saw what came striding across that field of unholy carvings, I knew the answer to both questions. It was humanoid - almost - as it pounded through the maze of statues;  but it towered above the hundred-foot figures. And the atrocious thing which I glimpsed as I fled from that shrine to cosmic accidents was the eyelessness of the living colossus and the way the hair of the scalp grew in the sockets where the eyes should have been."
Ramsey Campbell, The Insects From Shaggai


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Mike! Have always loved the first Shaggan to make the flight from ye pen
    >http://yog-blogsoth.blogspot.com/2011/04/insects-from-shaggai.html
    Please be in touch--with awe
    The joey Zone
    ARS NECRONOMICA 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just going to take back what I said about the chamber guardian.

    ReplyDelete